Monday 25 March 2013

Welcome to Amaar Ranna Ghar…



Greetings..!!!


“Khai khai koro keno, esho bosho aharey…
Khawar ajob khawa, Bhoj koy jaharey…”

The opening dialogue of Orsino in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night goes like, "If music be the food of love, play on”. Yes, out of these three (Love, Food and Music) lexis, food is the most essential element of Bengalis. They are the greatest food lovers and take conceit in their cuisine. Every Bong is a food connoisseur...!!!. The Bengali’s love for food is legendary. Blessed to be born in a Bengali family…since early days I have erudite one thing…and that’s “Bengali’s live to eat and not eat to live...”…having set such a punch line in mind I developed an ardent flair for cooking over years. I conjecture growing up in such an ambience…love for food and love for cooking was quite obvious.
I have always seen my ma…in whatever busy schedule she is….she will never forget to make the apt combinations for breakfast, lunch, dinner…” Luchi with aloo-r dom”, “bhaat, Bhaja Moog-r daal, Dhokar dhalna”…”bori diye Thor (Banana stem) or Narkel diye mocha (Banana flowers)” just make for an ideal dinner or lunch…
I belong to such a cluster where we discuss lunch in breakfast table and dinner in lunch table…..!!! 
My blog is a token of appreciation and acknowledgement to my ma, baba, my little sis (my greatest critic forever), friends  (especially those on facebook) who are a source of constant impetus behind my innovations & experimentation with various types of cuisines….their valuable comments are and will be always be regarded……….Thanks for being with me..!!!

My blog is for all those foodies across the globe who have a covet to experience the perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavor ..also have craving for the culinary customs of the foreign invaders…savour a truly delightful meal…I will endeavor to make this blog a modest assortment of Bengali recipes along with other recipes which would keep our taste buds invigorating……

Happy Cooking...
Bon Appetite....

3 comments:

  1. Great start di..go ahead..!!
    Wish u all d best..!!

    Sukanya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice introduction. Good luck and I sure your recipes will travel far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a ton for your inspiring comments....:)

    ReplyDelete